A person can make approximate guesses as to what size tires can be, how long plant thorns are, or how big a lizard crawling up a gate can be. But the world keeps on surprising us and we learn quickly that the way we picture something isn’t necessarily true, especially when we see these objects in comparison to others. Then things we once considered small may turn out to be really huge.
1. A whale fin next to the entire skeleton of a human
© Sönke Behrends / Wikimedia Commons
2. Juvenile hippo compared to a human baby
© sleeping_mouse / reddit
3. It’s hard to decide what’s more adorable here — the purrfectly round big kitty or his sweater!
© A-tamed-impala / reddit
4. The size of this croc jumping out of the water
© In-Jail-Out-Soon / reddit
5. Juvenile Brookesia micra
6. This Great Dane puppy, a difference of one year
© nightmancometh0419 / reddit
7. The only question here is: Do both dogs fit through the doggy door
© ScottPuppy / reddit
8. “Sadie the squirrel has eaten 3 Jack-O’-Lanterns so far.”
© ElizabethDangit / reddit
9. With such a good boy you might not need an alarm system.
© RosenpugTrashDog / reddit
10. From pupper to woofer in just 1 year!
© nemetskii / reddit
11. Meet the giant African land snail.
© Clokkers / reddit
12. The weirdest thing about it is that it looks used.
© Zeptwins / reddit
13. “Help, a dreadful kitten is about to attack!”
© SkerpNderp_ / reddit
14. A huge ice cave in a glacier in Alaska
© HairofthedogAK / reddit
15. “My dad used to take me to feed the buffalo outside of town when I was little. We called this guy, Big Daddy.”
© notjustaphage / reddit
16. My girlfriends hand next to a Great Danes paw
© KingKi***rKvvothe / reddit
17. King-sized beds look like baby cradles compared to this one.
© Kosmosnoetos / reddit
18. Look at the big tires, and then look at the tires that carry the big tires.
© i_Blastoise / reddit
19. This would be a regular fireplace picture if not for the person caught in the frame.
© surfterp / reddit
20. The thorns on the Acacia erioloba look like a whole new level of danger.
© Browndog888 / reddit
21. Imagine a lizard like this one climbing up your gate!
© kaiirii / reddit
22. Elvis from the Australian Reptile Park is an absolute unit of a saltwater crocodile.
© Maqqnus / reddit
23. Sharing is caring, no matter what size you are.
© lifesaver14 / reddit
24. Imagine adding such findings to your geological collection!